Date Assigned: 4-20-07 (Friday)
Date Due: 4-27-07 (Friday)
Review of last week's lesson and points
Last week we discussed Owls
Point standings for Lesson 2:
*Gryffindors are winning overall...but you can change that!
*Don't forget there are two mini reports with no due dates.
Magical Creature Lesson
This week we will discuss the snidget. The snidget is a small bird. It has a spherical
shape and can fly with great speed and agility. It has beautiful golden feathers with red
jewel like eyes.
It is because of these qualities that is was highly sought after and hunted. They were
hunted for their feathers as well as Quidditch. They were a very central part to the game
until later on the golden snitch came to replace it. Nearing extinction the species was
protected; many reserves exist across the world.
Each question is worth 5 points.
1. What type of animal is a snidget?
2. What shape allows it to be so quick?
3. What color are the feathers?
4. What game were they critical to?
5. True or false: The Snidget is extinct.
6. What is the MoM rating?
7. Why is this rating given?
8. What is the name of the Snidget reserve in England?
Review Question from last week: What two functions do owls serve the wizarding world?
Find a picture of a bird that looks similar to a snidget.